“Regular and punctual attendance is vital to good learning”
Regular and punctual attendance is vital to good learning and is, therefore, given very high priority at Oswald Road. A positive attitude toward punctuality is an invaluable life skill and a large part of a positive attitude towards learning. Although we are sympathetic to individual family circumstances, we must also be conscious of the impact lateness and absences have on your child’s ability to realise their potential. Our minimum expectation for attendance is 95%.
Helen Allsop manages our day to day attendance and punctuality. Any absences should be left on our dedicated Absence Line 0161 882 2680, or you can text us about your child’s absence on 07537 436359. Lisa Cameron, our Children and Families Support Coordinator, can be contacted on 0161 882 2686.
You can download our Guide to Good Attendance here.
Click here to see our School Attendance Policy
Click here to see our Term Dates 2019-20
Click here to view ‘A Parent’s Guide to Managing Sickness Absence from School’.
Click here to view Attendance Guidance for Parents, which answers many FAQs about attendance.
- Gates open at 8.30am
- Doors open at 8.45am
- Registration starts at 8.55am. Anyone arriving after 9.05am is late and will need to sign in at the school office.
- It is important that parents/carers telephone to inform school if their child is going to be absent informing us of a reason.
- School holidays in term time, in line with government ruling, will not be authorised unless under exceptional circumstances. Schools are in session 190 days of the year, leaving 175 days (plus weekends) for any trips, visits, appointments or family holidays.
- Parents/Carers will be contacted directly if attendance or punctuality are an area of concern.
- Parents will need to provide valid reasons for an absence to be authorised.
|% Attendance during one school year||Equals days absent||Which is approximately weeks absent||Which means this number of lessons missed|
|95%||9 Days||2 Weeks||40 lessons|
|90%||19 Days||4 Weeks||80 lessons|
|85%||29 Days||6 Weeks||120 lessons|
|80%||38 Days||8 Weeks||160 lessons|
|75%||48 Days||10 Weeks||200 lessons|
|70%||57 Days||11.5 Weeks||230 lessons|
GOOD TIME KEEPING MEANS…
Did you know? Being 15 minutes late each day is the same as missing two weeks of school.
Every school day counts….But every minute is equally important!
ATTENDANCE- Sept 2018 – July 2019
Well done everybody! Last year our overall attendance was 96%.
This means we hit the target that Ofsted set for us! Can we do it again this year? Yes, we can, if everyone does their best to come to school EVERY DAY and ON TIME.