Oswald Road is a good school. Our latest inspection (September 2013) graded us ‘good’ in all areas. These were the summary points to why we are a good school:
- Pupils make good progress from their starting points. Many children join the school below age-related expectations and nearly all leave having attained at least average and often above average standards.
- Teaching is mainly good throughout the school and some is outstanding. This is leading to pupils making faster and more consistent progress across all classes and subjects.
- Pupils feel safe and are well behaved in class and around the school. They are polite and courteous to one another.
- The curriculum is good and provides well for pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Pupils for whom English is an additional language are well supported through the effective use of teaching assistants.
- Parents are very positive about the school and the education it provides.
- The headteacher has a strong and clear focus and is the driving force behind improvements to pupils’ outcomes and the quality of teaching.
- The new senior leadership team has high expectations and has identified rapidly and accurately the key priorities for the school.
- There is high staff morale and all staff are focused on continuing to raise standards.
- Governance is good. Governors know the school well and provide strong challenge and support.
As a school we continue to raise standards as a team in our goal to become ‘Oswald Road Outstanding’.
If you would like to read our OFSTED reports, please click here for further information.