Marleena Cronvall, Kathryn Whalley Ben Halima, Leanne Eldridge/Joe Welsh.
Our Topic Web will be sent out at the beginning of each half term.
View our most recent Topic Web here: Topic Web- Spring 2- Year 3
View our 2018/19 Curriculum Overview here: Year 3 Curriculum Overview 18-19
View our Spelling Sheet here: Spelling Lists for Years 3 and 4
If you have any questions about our curriculum please contact our Headteacher, Deborah Howard, to pass on to the Curriculum Lead.
Click image to enlarge.
Year Group Targets
Every Friday in Year 3 your child will be given the following homework, which is optional:
– Daily reading of a home reading book – please ensure you sign your child’s reading record. Your child will be given a day of the week when their home/school reading book will be changed.
– Spellings, which the children will be tested on the following Friday. We encourage the children to apply their spellings in their work.
– Topic homework every two weeks – information about topic homework will be given in your child’s homework book.
At the back of your child’s homework book are:
– Year 3 and 4 new curriculum spelling list – these are words we will be learning throughout both Years 3 and 4.
– Times tables mat – by the end of Year 3 children are expected to know the following times tables: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 10.
You may find the following documents helpful when reading with your child:
- 3CM – Tuesday (indoor) and Wednesday (outdoor)
- 3WE – Monday (indoor) and Wednesday (outdoor)
- 3KB- Wednesday (outdoor) and Thursday (indoor)
Games – shorts and jumper/sweater, t-shirt and trainer (jogging pants can be worn in very cold weather). Dance/Gym – close fitting shorts (above the knee) and t-shirts. Please ensure that your child’s name is on each item.
Please make sure your child’s name is on their lunchbox. All lunch boxes are kept on a trolley outside 3CM.
Children will be collected from the playground next to the bike shed.
Click on the map below to enlarge.
Coats and PE kit should be put on pegs outside the classroom.
Please name your child’s coat.
Please don’t allow your child to bring toys into school.
All money brought to school for trips/visits must be put in a sealed envelope with the child’s name and class on and then placed in the post box in the reception entrance area. No money is to be sent to the class teacher.
Contacting a Teacher
Please make an appointment via the school office by emailing email@example.com, to arrange a mutually convenient time. If your child is going to be absent from school please ring the office on 0161 881 4266 and leave a message on the answer phone before 9.30 am. If you are collecting children for an appointment please remember to sign your child out at the school reception.
Our PPA (Planning, Preparation and Assessment) time will be on Wednesday morning and covered by Midge Murray, Kieran Bentley and Nicky Appleby.